Gujrat: Four labourers died on subsequent to breathing in a harmful gas while cleaning a chemical effluent tank at a textile factory in Ahmedabad locale on Saturday, the police said.
The incident occurred on the premises of Vishal Fabrics, a unit of Chiripal Group, in Koth region of Dholka town.
The casualties have been spotted as 36-year-old Pravin Rathod (From Kesargadh Village), 35-year-old Prabhu Jamod (From Mankol Village), 25-year-old Mayur Barad (From Sanand Village) and 20-year-old Vijay Barad, a resident of Mankol. The bodies of the victims were sent for post mortem to Koth primary healthcare centre.
At first, one worker entered the tank and began feeling breathing problem. As he fainted in the tank loaded up with mud and poisonous toxic chemicals, 3 other workers entered in it to help and save the man but they all fell unconscious,” the report cited by TOI Reporter Hardik Damor, Mamlatdar of Dholka division.
The official said that other workers present on the place called the police and the 4 men were later taken out from the tank.
The workers were quickly moved to a private hospital where they were announced brought dead.